Some key terms in this media have been modified,
see this article for more information
To enhance your learners’ user experience, you can choose a theme from among those offered by myskillcamp, or create your own colour theme.
- Why have a theme
- Difference between a Theme and an Branding
- How to access the themes
- How to create a new theme
- How to preview a theme
- How to change a theme
- How to delete a theme
1. Why have a theme
So that the platform is more in line with your graphical design and so that your learners feel immersed in an extension of your company. This will engage your learners all the more!
2. Difference between a Theme and an Branding
- The branding allows you to personalise the platform. Several branding can be created, and each user is assigned exactly one branding. Using an branding you can, for example, customise the space’s logo and name; your learner’s dashboard (welcome message, background image, resources, etc.); the catalogue but also the colours, by choosing a colour theme for each of your branding.
- The theme therefore lets you customise the platform’s colours. You can have several themes, and choose which one to apply branding by branding. The themes available are standard themes (offered by myskillcamp), and custom themes (a platform option). This set of themes is the same for all your branding, so changing a custom theme therefore affects all branding that make use of it.
Two points for consideration:
- For the moment the theme is not applied to the courses reader nor to the “I create” interface.
- The colours you have chosen are offered in darker shades to create a complete palette. It is not possible to change each version individually, nor to choose which version of which colour is applied to a specific element of the interface.
3. How to access the themes
The themes are managed through branding. Like them, they are therefore only accessible to the super-administrators of your space.
Step 1: Sign in to your account with the “I organise” profile.
Step 2: Go to the “Branding” management.
Step 3: Choose the branding for which you wish to change the theme, then click on “...” and on “Edit”.
Step 4: In the side menu go to the tab “Choice of theme”.
Step 5: Various themes are then offered:
- (1) Default colours: this theme is the one myskillcamp offers by default, when creating a new space or a new experience. You cannot change or delete it.
- (2) Default variant: this theme is an alternative offered to everyone. Like the default theme, it cannot be changed or deleted.
- (3) Custom themes: after the default themes, you will find your custom themes, which you can edit or delete; as the themes are common to all branding, another branding using this theme will be affected. After the list of your existing custom themes, “New theme” allows you to add new ones.
4. How to create a new theme
Access the themes, as explained above. In the “New theme” area, then click on “Set up” to start creating a new theme. A window on the right-hand side will then open where you need to provide information on:
- the name of your theme
- the primary colour
- the secondary colour
Use a color picker to find the hexa decimal code of your color. (exemple : #FFFFFF = white). Here is one.
The miniature allows you to preview the result of your choice of colours.
If you did not choose the option of platform customisation, or if you used all the custom themes you had, your theme is created in a “Draft” status. Otherwise your theme is ready to be used.
The “draft” status allows you to preview your theme, and adapt it if necessary. When you are satisfied, click on “Request a quote” so the sales team will contact you again and your theme will finally be activated. In the meantime a banner will appear on your pending theme:
5. How to preview a theme
In order to test your theme, you can preview your theme by clicking on the eye icon. You will then be able to put your theme to the test by navigating on different pages of the platform.
6. How to change a theme
It is possible to change your theme at any time (even if, for example, a quote is being processed) by clicking on the “Edit” button. You can change the name of the theme and the colours. A validated theme can be changed an unlimited number of times.
7. How to delete a theme
To delete a theme, just click on the bin icon. Once a theme has been deleted, it is impossible to recover it. You will have to create a new one.
NB: If branding use a theme and it is deleted, the default theme is automatically applied to them.
Don’t hesitate to contact the Support team for any further information: email@example.com